Fifth Sunday of Easter
May 14, 2017
V. Rev. Nicholas J. Irwin, P.P. – V. Rev John J. O'Rourke A.P.
056 8834855 & 086 3298060 – 056 88 34128 & 087 2370899
All Masses from Gortnahoe & Glengoole Churches
are broadcast on 106.6 FM.
Defribulator contact numbers are 086 7749521 or 086 7749713
Gortnahoe: each morning at 9.30.
Glengoole: each morning at 9.30.
First Holy Communion in Gortnahoe
First Holy Communion for the children of Gortnahoe School will take place in Gortnahoe Church on Saturday 20th at 11.00. Please include all of them and their families in your prayers and good wishes during this week.
Exam Mass in Gortnahoe on Friday
Annual Exam Mass will be in Gortnahoe Church on Friday next 19th May at 7.30. All young people doing Public Exams and their families and friends are invited to be present and take part in this Mass
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament Glengoole on Wednesday from 10.00 to 8.00. Gortnahoe on Thursday from 10.00 to 7.00. Come for adoration.
“He who has faith in me will do the works I do, and far greater than these”. If your calling is Priesthood and you would like to chat about Priesthood in Cashel and Emly Diocese please contact Fr. Joe Walsh, (Vocations Team) at 086 7714888 or any priest.
Church Gate Collection in aid of Cancer Care
The Irish Cancer Society Annual Church Gate Collection will be taken up at both Churches on Saturday and Sunday 20th & 21st May. Please contribute generously
Chiropodist to attend MFRC
A chiropodist will be in attendance on Thursday 18th May. Please ring 052 9157992 for an appointment.
G.A.A. Lotto Results
There was no winner of the Jackpot of €7,200 this week. Numbers drawn were 1, 12, 16 & 19. Lucky Dip winners were Orla Egan, Bawnreigh, Michael J. Walsh, Gortnahoe, Eileen Callaghan, Fennor and Catherine Colloton, Urlingford. Seller’s Prize winner was Johnny Collins. Next week’s Draw will be on Thursday 18th May at Hogans, Ballysloe for Jackpot of €7,400.00.
Pray for the following
- Patrick Norton, Coole, who was buried during the week.
- Michael Murphy, Ballynonty, who was buried on Saturday.
- James Power, Poynstown. Funeral Mass on Sunday in Glengoole at 10.00. Burial afterwards in adjoining cemetery.
- Noel & Kitty Campion, Clonamicklon.
Anniv. Mass Saturday 13th at 7.45.
- John &Statia McDonnell and deceased relatives & Nora Brennan, Inchorourke.
Anniversary Mass Sunday 14th at 11.15
- James & Addy Kelly, Georges Park,
Anniversary Mass Monday at 9.30.
- William Maher, Fennor.
Anniversary Mass Saturday 20th at 7.45
- John & Katie Bowe, Gortnahoe.
Anniversary Mass Sunday 21st at 11.15
- James Mulally, Grange & Mulally & Cormack families.
Anniversary Mass Saturday 13th at 6.30
- John Brennan & his son John also Timmy and Willie Brennan, Lickfinn.
Anniversary Mass later, because of the funeral Mass of Jimmy Power on Sunday morning.
- Michael Grant, Ballinastick.
Anniversary Mass later.
- Tom Morris, Cooldine.
Anniversary Mass Saturday 20th at 6.30.
- Ellen Nolan, Kilbrennel.
Anniversary Mass Sunday 21st at 10.00.
Arise with me in the morning,
Travel with me through each day
Welcome me on my arrival,
God, be with me all the way. Amen.
Parish Newsletter Publishing for each week
- All emails can now be directed to this address: email@example.com
- All notices to the E Mail or the priests by Friday at 6pm.
Last Week's News | News Forward