Nineteenth Sunday of the Year
August 13, 2017
V. Rev. Nicholas J. Irwin, P.P. – V. Rev John J. O'Rourke A.P.
056 8834855 & 086 3298060 – 056 88 34128 & 087 2370899
All Masses from Gortnahoe & Glengoole Churches
are broadcast on 106.6 F.M.
Defribulator contact numbers are 086 7749521 or 086 7749713
Feast of the Assumption of Our Lady
Tuesday next 15th August is the Feast of the Assumption of Our Lady, a Holyday of Obligation. Masses will be: Gortnahoe, Monday at 7.45. Tuesday 11.15. Glengoole Monday at 6.30. Tuesday at 10.00
Gortnahoe: Wednesday, Thursday & Friday at 9.30
Glengoole: Wednesday, Thursday & Friday at 9.30.
Upcoming World Meeting of Families (WMOF) Events in Cashel and Emly
- Diocesan WMOF Launch at all masses in each parish on week-end of 19/20 August.
- National WMOF Launch at Knock on Monday 21st August. Mass at 3.00.
- Visit of specially commissioned WMOF Icon of the Holy Family to archdiocese from 8th to 18th September. Holycross 8th to 11th. Emly 12th to 14th & Newport 15th to 18th September
Sincerest thanks to all who contributed to the Annual Collection for His Holiness the Pope, Peter’s Pence. If you have overlooked it, please contribute as soon as possible.
Ballinalackin Cemetery Mass will take place on Friday 25th August at 7.00. Come and join all who wish to pray for the dead.
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament
Adoration of the Blessed Sacrament Glengoole on Wednesday from 10.00 to 8.00. Gortnahoe on Thursday from 10.00 to 7.00. Come for adoration.
Church Visit of Sr. Cecelia Sweeney of the Franciscan Missionary Sisters for Africa
Sr. Cecilia will speak at all Masses on the week-end of August 19th & 20th and promote the work of the Sisters. Your generous support of their work will be most welcome.
“Get hold of yourself, it is I. Do not be afraid”. If God is calling, have trust. Contact Fr. Joe Walsh at 086 7714888. Annual National Pilgrimage of the World Apostolate of Our Lady of Fatima celebrating the Centenary of the Fatima Apparitions will be in Holycross Abbey on Sunday 27th August, beginning at 2.30.
Kilooley Fete will be held on Sun. 20th Aug. at 2.00 in the Church Grounds, Kilcooley. All side Shows and the Dog Show will make it a wonderful day
Financial Help is available for students wishing to pursue Courses
Some Financial Help is available for students wishing to pursue Courses in the coming academic year. Please contact 087 1482056 for further information and application Forms. Prior registration from your college will be necessary before Applications can be processed. Accommodation Costs should also be included.
Fundraising Walk and Cycle
Ballysloe Fundraising Walk and Cycle will take place on Friday 18th August at 7.00. Registration at Hiogans, Ballysloe. Proceeds for great charities and Ballysloe Tidy Towns. . Adults €10 & children €5.00
Pray for the following
- Martin Sen., Bridget, Peg, Nellie & Martin Jun. Barnaville. Fennor.
Anniversary Mass Saturday 12th at 7.45
- John & Johanna Pollard & Deceased members of the Pollard & Ryan Families, Coole.
Anniversary Mass Sunday 13th at 11.15
- John & Peg Stokes, Sallybog and Gerard Stokes, Naas, formerly Sallybog.
Anniversary Mass Friday at 9.30
- George Ivers, Month’s Mind and Mary & Jack Webster,
Anniversary, Fennor. Mass on Saturday 19th at 7.45
- Jim & Statia Lyons, Gortnahoe.
Anniversary Mass Sunday 20th at 11.15
- Deceased members of the Cleary Family, Ballinastick.
Anniversary Mass Saturday 12th at 6.30.
- James O’Connell, Glengoole Nth.
Anniversary Mass Sunday 13th at 10.00
- Christian Kelly, Ballynonty.
Anniversary Mass Monday 14th at 6.30
- Mary Morris, Poynstown,
Anniversary Mass Tuesday 15th at 10.00
- Michael & Ellen Casey, Glengoole.
Anniversary Mass Thursday at 9.30
- Deceased members of the O’Brien Family, Ballynonty & Josephine Bishop.
Anniversary Mass Saturday 19th at 6.30
- Willie & Maisie Norton, Clonora.
Anniversary Mass Sunday 20th at 10.00
Prayer Marking The Assumption of Our Lady
Almighty and ever-living God, who assumed the Immaculate Virgin Mary, the Mother of Your Son body and soul into heaven, grant, we pray that we may be sharers of her glory. Amen.
Parish Newsletter Publishing for each week
- All emails can now be directed to this address: email@example.com
- All notices to the E Mail or the priests by Friday at 6pm.
Last Week's News | News Forward